We’re going fine free! The Wautoma Public Library Board of Trustees voted on March 9, 2021 to discontinue charging late fines for most overdue materials and remove past fines from patrons’ library cards. The change takes effect April 1st, 2021. We are excited to take this step, which will remove a significant barrier to library use, especially for some of the most vulnerable members of our community. By eliminating most fines on a permanent basis, the library is welcoming back the hundreds of cardholders who are unable to take full advantage of everything the library has to offer.
This decision came after 6 months of research and discussion of impacts of fines in our community and for our patrons. For economically challenged individuals and families, fines create a barrier of access to library collections and services. Usually, if a patron has more than $5.00 of fines on their card, they are blocked from checking out materials, using the digital library (Hoopla and Overdrive), and using our public computers.
Fees will continue to be charged for the replacement of lost or damaged materials; fines will be charged for overdue materials borrowed from other libraries that assess them.
Here is what you need to know:
- No fines will be charged on items checked out from the Wautoma Public Library collection.
- Fines will be charged on items from some Winnefox libraries, at a rate determined by those libraries.
- Fines will be charge for items checked out via Interlibrary Loan at the daily rate of $1 per day, per item.
- Patrons will continue to receive at least one notice for overdue items. Sign up for text messages via Shoutbomb or call (920) 787-2988 to set up your account for email notices.
- Charges will be assessed when library materials are lost or damaged. Complete information here.
Although no fines will be assessed, we encourage patrons to return library materials by their designated due dates, or to renew items when allowed. Returning items in a timely fashion ensures that they are available for others who want to check them out.
If you have any questions about your account, please call 787-2988.
Visit the Fine Free FAQ page to read more about the change.